It's that time of year for dry lips. I am starting my new series off with my top five favorite dry lip products.
1. My very favorite and the product that blows all other products out of the water is the infamous Jack Black lip therapy. My favorite is the lemon and chamomile! This soothes and hydrates and lasts. I love it any time of day and nothing else compares.
2. Burt's Bees lip balms. The Replenishing formula with pomegranate oil was my favorite before I discovered the Jack Black. The only BB formula I don't like is the original for the same reason I don't like chap stick- it feels too waxy on my lips and doesn't absorb or feel hydrated. There are so many more formula's now that I haven't had the chance to try, but you are sure to find one you love. And these are far more friendly on the wallet than the JB.
3. My next favorite lip hydrator comes from Philosophy- the flavored lip shines. My favorite at the moment is the Sweet Talk Lip Shine. It tastes like a sweet tart. I love how hydrating these are while also giving a slight tint to the lips. And they taste good. They can be slightly sticky, so beware, but the benefits on those dry, cracked lips is divine.
4. Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment- This would have been higher on the list if it weren't so dang expensive! I have used up two of the smaller size of these and they feel like melted butter on the lips. The Rose gives a slight berry stain to the lips and is perfect for those who just want a tiny but of color on the lips but don't like a gloss. But, you will never catch me paying full price for one of these!
5. The last product on my list is some good old fashioned Vaseline. It is an incredible hydrator on the lips, and I love to use this at night time when I go to bed. I don't have to waste the good stuff on my pillow case, and it works just as well. I will also use it under a lipstick that is more drying to act as a barrier for my lips. And a giant tub is under $3. I actually found the tiny size made just for your lips on sale the other day and stocked up!
What is your favorite lip balm?
Leave suggestions for next weeks Friday Five below.