Cover FX Blemish Treatment Primer and Total Cover Cream Foundation- Review
Cover FX is one of my favorite brands when it comes to full coverage for my sensitive skin. It's no secret that I struggle with acne and now sun damage, and I need fuller coverage and effective ingredients. I was really excited when I got the chance to try out this new, not yet released, Blemish Treatment Primer.
From Cover FX:
• Normal to Oily; Acneic. This smoothing and soothing primer helps concealer wear so imperfections are disguised longer. It shelters
blemishes, allowing them to breathe underneath makeup, and Tea Tree Oil & Salicylic Acid treats them during wear.
Clinically tested, Vegan, and Free of the Inflammatory 5: Paraben-free, Fragrance-free, Gluten-free, Mineral Oil-free
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Acne / Blemish Treatment: Lactic Acid and 0.5% Salicylic Acid help synergistically to gently exfoliate and
treat acne / blemishes
• Helps prevent future breakouts: Tea Tree, Thyme, Rosemary + Lemon Peel Extracts have powerful antibacterial
properties protecting skin against future breakouts
• Pore-Minimizing: Witch Hazel helps shrink pore size
• Moisturizing: Aloe Vera and Panthenol moisturize and soothe skin
• Antioxidants: Vitamin C derivatives, Brown Algae and Ginger Extract provide powerful antioxidant protection
• Nourishing: Algae, Carrageenan and Kelp are rich in nutrients and will nourish skin and provide a clear,
breathable elastic barrier over affected areas
• Anti-Inflammatory: Vitamin E derived anti-irritants reduce redness and calm inflammation
After moisturizing, gently apply a small amount on blemishes using the Blemish Primer Brush prior to concealer or
BLEMISH TREATMENT BRUSH:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Brush Hair: treated with an antimicrobial formula for a hygienic application and to prevent
unwanted bacteria from touching blemishes
- Ferrule: Anodized Aluminum inhibits rust from forming when washed
- Handle: Birchwood sturdy handle provides steady application and resists chipping
- Performance: Unique brush composition allows for application like a natural hair without
breakage, fall out, drying or irritation plus faster cleaning than natural hair
Apply a small amount of Blemish Treatment Primer onto the tip of the brush and gently pat onto the surface of blemishes prior to concealer application.
The Total Cover cream foundation has long been one of my favorites. I love how creamy and blendable it is while providing full coverage. I have texture issues on my skin and most full coverage foundations look cakey and dry on those areas. This one looks natural and doesn't require powder to set. I can cover my brown spots and my acne spots without the need for an extra concealer. (The Cover FX concealer is also a great product!)
From the Cover FX website:
One of my favorite things about this brand is the broad color selection for skin tones. They have shades for the lightest to the darkest skin in three skin tones. There is sure to be a shade for everyone.
Total Cover Cream Foundation N35
Before and After
This foundation has an spf of 30, so it is the perfect daytime foundation. You can see how smooth my skin looks with it on. I have no face primer or powder on with it.
I would recommend this cream foundation for normal to combination skin. I also love the liquid foundation, but it is better suited for normal to dry skin. I have the liquid in this same shade, and love them both for different reasons. The cream has no scent, while the liquid has a delicious kind of herbal scent. The liquid has no spf, so it is better for photos. You really can't go wrong with either one.
I really look forward to exploring this brand more and trying some of the powder products. I have heard great things about the highlighter and brushes!
What do you think about a primer for blemishes?
What is your favorite Cover FX product?
*these two products were sent to me for review. I already owned the cream and liquid foundations as well as some other products because I really like them. My reviews are always honest.